Mini Chicken Alfredo
Makes 12 servings of 24 shells
24 dry jumbo pasta shells, (about 6 oz.)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 stick unsalted butter (8 Tbsp.)
1 1/2 c. grated Parmesan, divided
2 tsp. black pepper
4 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, divided
Preheat broiler with rack 5 inches from element. Spray two 24-cup
Cook shells in
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and saute until cooked through, 8-9 minutes per side; cool slightly, then chop into small pieces.
Warm cream and garlic in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until steaming. Whisk in butter until melted. Add 1 c. Parmesan, 2 tsp. pepper, and 2 Tbsp. parsley. Increase heat to medium-high and simmer until reduced to 1 cup, about 10 minutes. Stir in chicken and remove from heat.
Fill each shell with 1 heaping Tbsp. chicken mixture. Stagger filled shells, open ends up, in every other muffin tin well to prevent them from sticking to each other. Sprinkle shells with remaining 1/2 c. Parmesan.
Broil shells until sauce bubbles and Parmesan melts and is golden, about 2 minutes. Garnish shells with remaining 2 Tbsp. parsley.
1/2 cup Multigrain Pancake Mix, dry
1/3 cup Soy Milk (any milk would do)
1/4 cup Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup
Assorted Toppings: Cooked Sausage, Crumbled Cooked Bacon, Fruit (I used frozen blueberries but banana slices or apples are yum too)
Mix pancake mix, milk, syrup together till thoroughly combined. Pour batter into a mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with Pam. Fill about 3/4 way up.
Top each muffin with sausage, bacon or fruit. Make all one flavor or a combo. If you set the ingredients out family members and whippersnappers can make their own... banana blueberry bacon surprise.
Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden. Serve with warmed Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole spice mix
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound extralarge shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 3/4 cups long-grain rice
- Parsley, optional
- Combine chicken, sausage, onion, green pepper, celery, tomatoes, garlic, chicken broth, spice mix, thyme and oregano in a large (5-quart) slow cooker. Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add shrimp and rice; raise heat to high and cook for 30 minutes more. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired.